This parfait recipe features a sweetened vanilla yogurt, pumpkin, and my healthified gingerbread cookie recipe. All are wholesome, good for you, and every time I lick the bowl I make the cookie dough in, I practically melt with delight. Seriously, that recipe is unbelievable, make-it-even-in-summertime good.
You could mix it up a bit and try a cream-cheese frosting layer, too! Or opt for a graham-cracker crumble instead of gingerbread. What’s not to love about those possibilities?
1 container plain organic yogurt (you can buy vanilla or sweetened, but I prefer to lower the sugar a bit by mixing in a lower lgi alternative)
1 T stevia
.5 t vanilla
4 T pumpkin puree
heaping dash of cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice
optional: gingerbread or graham cracker crumbles
–Open the yogurt container. Mix in stevia and vanilla. Set aside.
-In a small bowl, add puree and spices. Mix in about half of prepared yogurt.
-In a parfait glass, layer the pumpkin yogurt with the vanilla yogurt as you like. You can also use the crumbles to make layers or top like I did.
- Pumpkin Bread Donuts (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Raw Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin-Pie Stuffed Chocolate Cookies (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Raw Pumpkin Spice Cookies (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Spice French Toast (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)