Take new beloved pastry dough recipe. Fill with my favorite ingredient: dark chocolate.
If you remember my Healthified Pop Tarts recipe, you remember how impressed I was with the consistency and melt-in-your-mouth goodness of the dough.
I contemplated a chocolate-stuffed pop tart, but where’s the challenge in that? It would have been practically the same. So if you want a chocolate-filled pop tart, simply follow the recipe below and fill as you please.
But if you want to take a culinary trip abroad (well, sort of), try the same recipe with the following modifications:
1. Roll out dough and form into two triangles.
2. Use a pizza cutter to remove rough edges.
3. Place chocolate of choice on top of the triangles, keeping the chips a half inch or so from the sides.
4. Roll into crescents and lose yourself in some French folk music while you bake.
- 1 T + 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 t baking stevia
- pinch of salt
- 2 t plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1.5 t vegan butter, diced at refrigerator temp.
- 1.5 T non-dairy milk
- In a mixer combine flours, Stevia, and salt.
- Slowly add in milk and Chobani
- Beat in butter until thick. (You may have to add more flour if your butter is warm)
- Roll up dough and wrap it with plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- After all the fillings are prepared take the dough out of the refrigerator and roll out into a thin crust. Cut into 2x2in squares. Before you stack the dough make sure to sprinkle with flour to prevent sticking.
- Lay a sheet of wax paper onto a baking sheet and spray with Pam. Lay twelve of the dough sheets onto the pan. Add the fillings on top.
- Take the tips of the fork and press down the edges. Working with this dough is kind of like working with clay. The score marks will help the sides stick.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes. Remove when the pastries are golden brown.
- Healthy PopTarts (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)