It’s been said, sang, and probably screamed more than once.
“It’s 5’o’clock somewhere.”
Whether you’re throwing the ultimate happy hour at your home or a Tex-Mex fiesta, a margarita is sure to set a carefree tropical vibe.
Now, you know I’m not a big drinker, but I have a sweet tooth that eclipses the need for any sweet in liquid form. That’s why I love this marg cupcake. It’s adorable. It can be made with alcohol. And it’s the perfect way to play up the aforementioned party themes.
Or if you just need a margarita cupcake because it’s been a long day at work, the following recipe is perfect for wasting away again and searching for your long lost salt shaker…
Oh, but that’s not salt along the edge of the cupcake. It’s shredded coconut. A similar effect though, right?
- 4 tbsp spelt flour (30g) (or ww pastry)
- 1 T stevia
- dash of baking powder
- 1 T freshly squeezed lime juice mixed with 1 T nondairy milk
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1 T organic vanilla yogurt
- 1 more t nondairy milk
- optional: lime zest to taste
- optional: replace 1 t milk with 1 T tequila
Preheat oven to 330 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin tin or a single silicone cup. Set aside. (Note: You can microwave for 1-1.5 minutes for a quicker muffin, but it will probably turn out less moist.)
Mix dry ingredients; then blend in wet ’til combined, but don’t overmix.
Bake for about 13-15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Top with your favorite frosting, shredded coconut, a stevia crust, or whatever other toppings you fancy.
- Little Vanilla Cupcakes (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Pretty-in-Pink Raspberry Cupcake (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Solo Lemon Cupcake (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Strawberries-n-Cream Cupcake (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Super-Moist Chocolate (Blueberry) Muffin (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)