If you know me, you know Happy Fit Mama is one of my favorite bloggers. A successful young mom running her way to happiness and writing about it. What’s not to love.
Oh, and on Wednesdays, she shares her healthy little recipes. Oftentimes, they sound delicious, but I never get around to trying them.
But you know how much I love soup, especially soup I can freeze in mason jars and grab any time I need a quick lunch to take to work.
So I tried her Roasted Corn & Black Bean Soup one Saturday sometime back. It was delicious. The recipe, which serves about six, follows…
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, Minced
- 1 Red, Yellow Or Orange Pepper (or combination), diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 14.5 Oz Vegetable Broth
- 15 Oz Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 Oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Trader Joe’s Roasted Corn
- 1/2 Cup Zucchini, diced (optional)
- Additional optional toppings: avocado, shredded cheese, plain greek yogurt, cilantro
- Place 1 Tbsp olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add red onion and pepper. Cook till softened.
- Add garlic, cumin and chili powder and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn and zucchini (if using).
- Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Serve with toppings, such as diced avocado, shredded cheese, yogurt or sour cream and cilantro.