That’s very nice. And while you do that, make something sweet for yourself, like this delicious sweetheart pastry.
To make one big heart pastry, simply follow my beloved healthy pastry dough recipe. But of course, form into two heart shapes. Top one with filling (1 medium-sized strawberry, chopped and blended with 1 t cream cheese frosting or 1 t organic vanilla yogurt). Lay the second heart over the top and press the edges closed with a fork.
Delicious is that easy. It only takes a few minutes, and it tastes so much better than anything you’d buy from the grocery store. Homemade baked goods always taste better.
- 1 T + 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 t baking stevia
- pinch of salt
- 2 t plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1.5 t vegan butter, diced at refrigerator temp.
- 1.5 T non-dairy milk
- In a mixer combine flours, Stevia, and salt.
- Slowly add in milk and Chobani
- Beat in butter until thick. (You may have to add more flour if your butter is warm)
- Roll up dough and wrap it with plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- After all the fillings are prepared take the dough out of the refrigerator and roll out into a thin crust. Cut into 2x2in squares. Before you stack the dough make sure to sprinkle with flour to prevent sticking.
- Lay a sheet of wax paper onto a baking sheet and spray with Pam. Lay twelve of the dough sheets onto the pan. Add the fillings on top.
- Take the tips of the fork and press down the edges. Working with this dough is kind of like working with clay. The score marks will help the sides stick.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes. Remove when the pastries are golden brown.
- Healthy PopTarts (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)