Do you like the filling inside a mounds candy bar?
If you’re used to eating mainstream candy bars, you may not. However, I think this little cookie packs a big punch in the sweetness department due to the honey. And if you want more sweetness, just add stevia!
Overall, I’d say this recipe is quite good. And even though I rarely repeat recipes, the right sweet tooth craving might convince me to break that habit.
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
2 T spelt, almond, or white whole wheat flour
1 T honey
1 T non-dairy milk
1/2 egg, mixed
splash of vanilla
optional: pinch of stevia
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet. Set aside.
-Combine coconut and flour, and stevia in a small bowl. Mix; then add in remaining ingredients, stirring well ’til all is blended evenly.
-Form into little dough balls. Press onto prepared cookie sheet.
-Bake for about 7-8 minutes–longer for crispier cookies.
-Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Chewy Chocolate Coconut Cookies (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Sugar Cookies (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Ice Cream Whoopie Pies (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Snickerdoodles (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Coconut Macaroons (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)