Remember my sweet lemon solo cupcake from late August? It was delicious & zesty, yes?
Well now that we’re in the dead of winter, I figured it was high time for another fruity cake, but one more appropriate for the season.
An orange one!
And you know the fruit won’t be expensive considering most grocery stores are selling oranges by the bag for just a few dollars this time of year.
The recipe is below. I’d recommend pairing with coconut flakes or almonds. Or if you like a little sweet, cream cheese frosting. Check out my healthy Neufchatel cream cheese frosting recipe, featured earlier on my fluffy carrotcake cookies.
(makes just one cupcake)
- 3 tbsp flour (30g) (See directions for flour notes)
- heaping 1/16th tsp salt
- little orange zest, if you like
- 1 tbsp applesauce, oil, pre-melted margarine (I used French vanilla yogurt), or a combination
- 1 tbsp nondairy milk
- 1 t freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 to 1 1/2 packets of stevia should be about right. If you use liquid sweetener, cut back a tiny bit on the other liquid.)
-Mix the ingredients and pour into an oiled (or sprayed) muffin pan. Smooth top of batter. Bake for about 10 minutes or so.
-Alternatively, you can cook in the microwave, in a greased mug or ramekin. (Microwave times will vary, depending on the flour you use and the strength of your microwave.
- Solo Lemon Cupcake (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Berry-Stuffed Breakfast Cupcakes (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Little Vanilla Cupcakes (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)