Or for a group, perhaps?
You could use this recipe for either.
Or pre-feast snacks.
This recipe makes 6 little pies.
Perfect for the season,
And sure to tantalize
any and every
lover of pumpkin.
- 1 T + 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 t baking stevia
- pinch of salt
- 2 t plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1.5 t vegan butter, diced at refrigerator temp.
- 1.5 T non-dairy milk
2 T pumpkin puree
1 T organic vanilla yogurt
a splash more vanilla
1.5 t stevia
dash of cinnamon
1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
- Combine flour, stevia, and salt.
- Slowly add in milk and Chobani
- Cut in butter until thick. (You may have to add more flour if your butter is warm)
- Roll up dough and wrap it with plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- After all the filling is prepared (simply mix all ingredients together) take the dough out of the refrigerator and roll out into a thin crust. Cut into squares or use a biscuit cutter to make perfect rounds, which I forked on the sides. Or you can use a pretty cookie cutter to give your crusts a fun shape like the flower ones you see.
- Gently press the dough into a lightly greased mini muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Using a spoon, carefully divide up the filling between the pie shells and return to oven for another 8-9 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
Remove and serve warm to those whom you are most thankful for.
Or just yourself. Either way, I hope you find much to be grateful for today. Have a very happy holiday.
- Healthy PopTarts (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Mini Cheesecake Bites (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)