Zucchini bread is a fall-time favorite.
But chocolate zucchini bread? That I had never heard of before.
Hearing chocolate and zucchini together didn’t exactly trigger a tickling in my tastebuds. Not one bit actually.
I didn’t love this one as much as the two aforementioned chocolate oddities, but it was still pretty tasty! If you’re a big fan of zucchini bread, I think you’d probably like this sweet little z-bread for one.
Makes one big serving
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 T stevia
- 1.5 T cocoa powder
- pinch of baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon
- 1/2 egg (mixed)
- 2 T coconut or canola oil (or applesauce)
- 1/4 cup + 1 T grated zucchini
- Mix-in Suggestion: 2 T chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly flour a small ramekin or loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together all dry ingredients (not zucchini). Add the eggs and oil, mix well. Fold in the nuts and zucchini until they are evenly distributed. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely before frosting or decorating as you like.
I simply garnished mine with some zucchini slices for presentation (and then chocolate chips for taste), but I encourage you to have some fun with this.