Pumpkin is so sweet, especially this time of year.
If you follow my blog, you know by now that I’m a bit obsessed with the nutritional wonder ingredient that is canned pumpkin.
But before you roll your eyes, let me pop one more pumpkin perfect recipe in your direction. I know you’re going to like this one; it’s like a slightly nutty pumpkin-pie filling wrapped in a layer of fudgy chocolate cookie.
Oh, yes. Another great cookie creation from Chocolate-Covered Katie that offer a little surprise when you bite inside. A much better–and healthier–alternative to the cliches printed on the inside of a foil wrapper. Nice try though, Dove.
Makes 4 good-sized, stuffed cookies.
- 3 T white-ww flour (or spelt)
- 1 T + .75 t cocoa powder
- 1.5 T stevia
- scant pinch of salt, baking soda
- 1.5 t maple syrup or agave
- 2 T milk of choice
- splash of pure vanilla extract
- 2.75 t coconut oil (can sub with other oils or applesauce, too)
- 2.25 t pureed pumpkin
- 2.25 t nut butter of choice (or more pumpkin…)
- pinch of cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, stevia, and vanilla
-Preheat oven to 330 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
-Mix the first grouping of ingredients together. Blend these dry ingredients well and push to one side.
-On the other side of your bowl, mix the next grouping of three wet ingredients. Then combine dry and wet.
-Once batter forms. Divide into four parts and roll into balls. Flatten to a fairly thin circle. Set aside.
-Mix the last grouping of ingredients to make the pumpkin filling. Drop a dollop into the center of each flattened chocolate cookie, but be careful not to add to much or the filling will ooze out while baking. Fold the edges of the chocolate dough around the filling. Pinch together ’til you can only see the chocolate cookie dough. Flip upside down so the pinched edges don’t show.
-Bake for about 10-12 minutes. The centers should still be soft. Serve warm.
There’s something thrilling about a food surprise on the inside. These are super fun to indulge in alone, but you could really wow a group by baking enough to share. To do so, just check out Chocolate-Covered Katie‘s full-sized version.
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cake for One (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Berry-Stuffed Breakfast Cupcakes (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Health benefits of cocoa (naturalhealthezine.com)
- Healthy Crustless Pumpkin Pie (fitnessandhealthylivingtips.com)