I stumbled upon this chewy chocolate coconut cookie recipe while browsing Healthful Pursuit’s blog. Her version makes 8 cookies. Not too many, right? You could probably control yourself, right?
I don’t know. These are pretty good. They remind me of Girl Scout Samoas, sans the over-sugarified caramel.
The recipe itself is a little high in terms of calories, but the ingredients are so good for you. I don’t think you should feel bad. Indulge yourself in whole foods!
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1 T unpasteurized honey
- 1/2 egg (mixed) (or flax egg–1.5 t milled flax + water, mixed)
- pinch of pure vanilla extract, salt, and stevia
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside. Or you can do as I did and use a mini-muffin tin. Let the cookies bake just long enough to form, then remove and gently flatten with your thumb.
-Mix all ingredients well. Spoon out into 2 medium-sized or 4 small cookies.
-Bake for about 7-8 minutes. Remember, the longer you bake, the crispier they’ll be.
-Remove from oven. Let cool a bit and serve.
- Vanishing Triple Chocolate Cookies: Ultimate Chocolate Cookie Recipe (prinsesamusang.wordpress.com)
- Coconut Macaroons (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Berry-Stuffed Breakfast Cupcakes (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Fro-Yo (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)