Happy Friday to you! Know what you deserve this morning?
A healthy mug-sized muffin, but one that you won’t have to wait around for 15 minutes while it bakes.
I can’t believe I haven’t posted this recipe yet. I use it all the time. It’s adapted from Chocolate-Covered Katie’s Single-Lady Microwave Cupcake, and it is soooooooooo good. Much better, I think, than those ones you find on Pinterest that require a whole egg. Yuck. Those just turn out flemmy and gross. This little mug muffin, on the other hand, takes the other cakes.
I’ve tried it so many different ways: cinnamon sugar, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, nuts, pumpkin, etc. But nothing beats the deliciousness of a warm, melted chocolate center. So I’m showing my chocolate-chip version below, but feel free to sub in chocolate chips for any other mix-ins. Know, however, that dried fruit will bake better in the microwave than regular fruit, which can sometimes come out gummy.
- 3 tbsp flour (I used 2 T spelt + 1 T coconut)
- dash of salt, baking powder, and vanilla
- 1 tbsp applesauce, oil, or pre-melted margarine (Note: For an extra soft cupcake, use oil.)
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp liquid (milk or water)
- 2 t stevia or other sweetener
-Lightly grease a coffee mug and set aside. If you’d prefer to bake, preheat the oven to 330 degrees and bake for about 10 minutes.
-Combine all dry ingredients, and then mix in wet. You may add to need a bit more water if the mixture is too dry, but don’t overdo it. Or if you opted for a liquid sweetener–honey, xylitol, etc.– you may need to scale back the other liquids a tad.
If you wanted to bake this, the muffin will rise more and turn out softer. But who has time to wait on an oven?
Have a great weekend!
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cake for One (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Cauliflower (What?!!?) Cake (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- 5-Minute Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins (eatteachblog.com)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mug Cake [Intro to Cooking] (collegecandy.com)
- World’s best treat: Chocolate cake in a mug (myhappyhappenings.wordpress.com)
- 5 minute Chocolate cake (flypinions.wordpress.com)
- Semisweet Chocolate and Bittersweet Chocolate – What’s The Difference? (berries.com)
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-45683301-1’, ‘wordpress.com’);