I’m renaming this recipe from Health.com. Originally, it was titled, Chicken Breast with Shaved Brussel Sprouts, but I’ve adapted. No meat this evening. Just some very healthy greens tossed on a warm swirl of light pasta.
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed and chopped, or 1 broccoli stem, peeled into pasta-like strips
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t fresh lemon juice
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper and Italian seasonings
- 6 thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1/5 cup celery, chopped into small bits
- 1 T fresh thyme
- 1 T fresh flat-leaf parsley leaf, coarsely chopped
- 2 t Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 oz. whole-wheat linguini
1. Steam brussel sprouts and broccoli, unless you’re doing broccoli shreds. Then make the shreds using a vegetable peeler and microwave with just a tad of water in the bottom of a bowl for about 2 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring half a pot of water to a boil. Add in linguini and cook ’til al dente (better for the blood sugar, you know). Once cooked, drain in sink. Toss with a little olive oil.
3. In a new bowl, toss greens with celery, thyme, parsley, seasonings, a little more oil and lemon juice.
4. Place pasta on top of seasoned greens. Swirl noodles and top with more thyme or cheese. Serve warm. On a porch somewhere. Preferably, you should be watching the sun set after a long, fulfilling day.
Or if you’re day was less than fulfilling, well, maybe this healthy pasta dish can change that.