Collegiate Culinaire: Coconut Macaroons
Tried it. Loved it.
Posted it, of course. Check this healthy little cookie treat out!
Easiest-Ever Coconut Macaroons
(Can be gluten-free!)
These were inspired by this little cookie.
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 T whatever flour you wish (such as ww pastry or even coconut flour)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 T lite coconut milk (or regular)
- 3 T agave or maple syrup
- 1 packet stevia (or 1 more T agave)
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract (or pure vanilla extract)
- tiny bit over 1/16 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in a tall dish and microwave 3 minutes. (Or cook on the stovetop until it’s firm enough to scoop out in ball shapes.) Scoop into balls on a cookie tray (I used a melon baller, but a spoon or ice-cream scoop will work.) Cook at 360 F for 14-16 minutes. (Or maybe even cook the balls in the microwave??) Let cool before removing from tray.