Collegiate Culinaire: Strawberry Sorbet
So yummy. So summery. Too perfect.
- 2 cups hulled strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- Place strawberries in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. If you do not want the seeds, pour the mixture through a mesh strainer and into a bowl. Otherwise, just pour the puree directly into a bowl.
- Stir in the milk, lemon juice, and sugar (adjust amount to reach desired sweetness). Refrigerate at least 2 hours (if not overnight) until the mixture is thoroughly chilled.
- Pour the chilled mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.