Collegiate Culinaire: Almond Milk Ice Cream
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- scant 1/16 tsp salt (don’t omit)
- sweetener (such as 1 stevia packet or 1 tbsp sugar)
- 1 cup almond milk or canned coconut milk (See below for substitution notes.)
- If you want it to taste more like cake batter, add 1-2 tbsp coconut butter (You can also add 1/4 tsp butter extract, which is surprisingly vegan)
- Add blueberry compote or any other toppings you like
Mix the ingredients together and simply follow your ice cream maker’s instructions. Mine only took 15 minutes to churn out a nice icy treat. If you’d like the texture to be a bit creamier, try adding in some heavy whipping cream or vanilla yogurt.