Collegiate Culinaire: Chickpea and Peanut Butter Cookies
This recipe is hybridized. I used Chocolate-Covered Katie’s single serving recipe, but put a chickpea twist on it thanks to an ultra healthy recipe from Texanerin Baking (Thanks, Snezana, for passing this one along).
(Makes 1 or 2 cookies)
- 2 T flour (I used the same measurement of chickpeas)
- 1.5 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/16 tsp baking soda
- very scant 1/16 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbsp agave or maple syrup (Or use 3/4 tbsp each sugar and brown sugar, or 1.5 tbsp xylitol)
- 1 tsp applesauce (or more, if using dry sweetener)
- optional: add some chocolate chips if you wish!
Mix dry ingredients. Add pb and wet ingredients. Mix well and form into one or two cookies. Flatten into cookie shapes and bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 8-10 minutes. (I used my toaster oven. If you try this in a microwave, let me know how it works!) Note: if you use liquid sweetener, it’ll be more cake-y. If you use the sugar, it’ll be more chewy.