Collegiate Culinaire: Mini-Broccoli Quiche
Yield 2 mini quiches
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond this time)
- 1/4 cup broccoli
- a handful of sliced and sauteed grape tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, and any other veggies you’d like to add
- 1 T pepper
- 1 T dill
- Optional: shredded cheese, whole-wheat tortilla
Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 325°F. Coat a nonstick muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sautee veggies ‘til golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Whisk egg whites and milk in a medium bowl. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle in veggies and mix slightly.
- Pour into muffin tin slots. If you’d like a crust, you can press small tortillas into the pan slots and then pour in egg mixture.
- Bake until the tops are just beginning to brown, 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the quiches out onto the rack. Turn upright and let cool completely.
- Garnish with cheese or other herbs as you like. Serve warm