Collegiate Culinaire: Au Gratin Cauliflower Skillet
Guess who just had the yummiest, cheesiest dinner? This little dish from Eating Well was the perfect (healthy) comfort food for a cold and rainy night.
I made half of what the recipe calls for and added in shrimp and cumin for a little cajun twist. Also, mine appears very white in color, and that’s because I opted for mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar.
- 4 cup(s) cauliflower, 1-inch cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk, fat-free, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup(s) bread crumbs, fine, dry, preferably whole-wheat
- 3/4 cup(s) cheese, cheddar, sharp, shredded and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon oil, olive, extra virgin
- 2 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon chives, fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard, dijon-style
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, white
2. Bring cauliflower, 1 1/4 cups milk and salt to a boil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes.