I prepared this salsa for tonight’s grill out in honor of my fabulous intramural volleyball team, The Writing Blockers. True to the name that BH&G gave it, it’s very fresh, very tomato-ey, and very much the kind of salsa you need to start your summer right. I’m sure I’ll be making it again soon.
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped tomatoes (3 medium)
- 1fresh Anaheim pepper or one 4-ounce can diced green chilepeppers, drained
- 1/4cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/4cup sliced green onions
- 3 – 4tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2tablespoons lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 – 2fresh jalapeno, serrano, fresno, or banana peppers
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon pepper
1.Seed and finely chop hot peppers.* In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, Anaheim pepper, sweet pepper, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
2.If desired, for a smooth salsa, place 1 cup salsa in a food processor or blender. Cover; process just until smooth. Stir into remaining salsa. Cover; chill until serving time. Makes 12 (1/4-cup) servings.